Thursday 19 August 2010

Howling at the moon

I read once, somewhere, that to keep alive you should do an exciting thing every day. Exciting in that it gets your heart beating. That this will keep you invigorated.
That's not me. I'm safe. I don't go much out of my comfort zone. I'm not giddy and wouldn't go wild for fear of being a pillock.
Only lately, I find myself a tad bored.
However, I'm not the sort of person to fling myself off a bridge with wild abandon whilst being attached to a flimsy bouncy piece of string.
I'm going to have to figure out what will get the heart pumping and for once, I don't think Google will have the answer for me... some of the boredom stems from too much life lived online and less lived.
I'm now rather excited about the prospect of what the future holds.

P.S. title post refers to a loud session of howling and whooping at the moon I had with a boyfriend in front of an old church in Hammersmith. Howling was a great release.

2 comments:

Emma said...

I think you should try this:

http://www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk/?page=3456

Ignore the scary website which implies that it's like a sweaty nightclub full of 25yr olds, it's at Greenwich Community centre so is more like a church hall. And it's mainly 35-45yr olds. Very friendly people, very non scary learning format. And you really *don't* have to be brilliant at dancing

Plummy Mummy said...

Gawd that brings back some memories from my 6th form history school trip to Paris. We went to a ceroc club and my aged teachers all went a bit potty doing the dance whilst us teenagers tried to stay as far away from sweaty Parisians as we could.

Eeek I'm the age now those aged teachers were then.