Friday 24 June 2011

Circle of life and all that

Many years ago, everything was about school and getting exams, jobs and houses.
A few years later, everything was about marriages and babies. I was the last of my friends to get married and do the baby thing. It was a great reason to get together with friends and family.
Recently, my husband and I are at that age where the circle has turned to death. We have both lost aunts in the last year. On Facebook, every now and again, I hear of this friend or that losing someone close. Yesterday, it was the 5th anniversary of my father-in-law's passing.
Sadly, yesterday, one of my uncles also passed away. He had been ill for some time and lost the fight. I'm glad we haven't moved yet as I want to be there for my family. I wish my hubby was here too as it would be nice to have a hubby-hug.
It's hard to explain to a child why Mummy and Daddy are feeling a bit sad and about death - I haven't told ours as she wouldn't understand and I don't want to upset her. So, all she'll know is that we have to visit our large extended family for a get together. Sad, very sad. That's life though, isn't it and the circle will keep turning.

3 comments:

Lucia said...

Sorry to hear of your sad news. Sending you a hug and hope you get one from your husband soon too. x

Anonymous said...

get over it, at your age you're lucky to have your parents never mind obscure relations.

Plummy Mummy said...

Lucia - thanks

Anon - if you don't like my blog posts then don't read my blog. If you disagree with something I've written that's fine - that's your right. If you want to respond with an opinion, then I ask you to do it politely as anything else will just be deleted.
As for my age - today's population is aging so it's not uncommon for parents and obscure relatives to live longer.