Saturday 2 August 2014

Platform 2, LocalMotiveMarkets

Ah here's me thinking I was done for the night but there's one more: Platform 2 from LocalMotiveMarkets.

This is the new market that will be at Edinburgh Waverley station every Friday from 1pm to 7pm. I had a quick look before catching my train home. As it's new it is still quite small. There is a mix of stalls from those selling handmade bags and felted goods, jewellry stalls, a great looking art stall (Stones of Scotland) and some food stalls. I was going to try cheesecake from one stall but she couldn't guarantee it was vegetarian and was very surprised to tell hear about animal vs vegetarian rennet and the easy availability of veggie cheese in all supermarkets! Philadelphia is veggie and makes lovely cheesecake cake-stall-lady.


It's a lovely idea and I hope that it continues to grow and grow (especially as I always forget that Scottish Farmers' markets are on saturdays...in London they were usually on a Sunday!!!!)

1 comment:

Shaheen said...

It is a fantastic idea, had I still been living in Scotland I made many journeys into Edinburgh, so this would have been lovely. Shame you could not try out the cheesecake. Hope your well.