Friday 22 January 2010

Yahoo and a rinky dinky do

Yahooooo, and a rinky dinky doo - I caught an episode of Hong Kong Phooey earlier this week. Made me think of all the cartoons I used to enjoy like the Wacky Races, Spiderman, Dangermouse, Inspector Gadget, Mr Magoo, Scooby Doo and Top Cat.
Now don't get me wrong... some modern efforts are very enjoyable such as Timmy Time. And some are bizarre like Dirt Girl. Of the CGI ones I find I find the worlds created often became homogeneous.
One show we are really enjoying at the mo is the Ooglies - a hilarious stop motion animation shown on BBC.
Here is the website in case you want to see what I'm on about:
CBBC/Ooglies
Today a session of playdoh led to the first attempts to create our own Ooglies...Daddy is the one on the right and is sad as he was at work. I'm the one of the left.... OBVIOUSLY!


No comments: