Friday 16 April 2010

Bar du Musee

Well I never. I went along to Bar du Musee this week with some other local mums for a drinking and gossip session. I've passed this place many times and haven't been tempted in which has been my loss. The small exterior is misleading as the place is cavernous. Even more importantly, there are lovely comfy couches to sit on. This Wednesday, it was strangely empty...where are all the tourists?
I did find the lighting a bit too low - lovely for a romantic liaison but not so much for a bunch of friends trying to see each other in the dark. And I found it hard to hear what my friends were saying though I think we can put that down to old age rather than bar ambience.
Unfortunately, I'd been tucking into some trail mix at lunchtime which rendered my tummy a no-go zone for drinks so stuck to cranberry juice. I think I'll have to venture there again for some alcohol and maybe even a bite or two :)

Bar du Musee
17 Nelson Road, Greenwich, London, SE10 9JB
0208 858 4710

No comments: