Thursday 4 November 2010

The Plumstead Common Road Obstacle Course

I'd like to personally and profusely thank the woman dragging two very young kids behind her at the Burrage Road Junction with Plumstead Common Road - less than 100 yards from a traffic light crossing. Here's what I'm thankful for:
  1. She let me test my brakes as she decided it was fine to walk right in front of my moving vehicle
  2. That she taught the children with her the safe way to cross the road during peak school run time
  3. That she made my tot cry out and then tell me off for swearing profusely
Having just done the rather trying run from Charlton Peninsula Shopping Center you would think I would be ready for anything but rather like the weary game player, as I neared home my frayed nerves were getting the better of me and I was rather shocked by the behaviour of this so called Mother. Perhaps being in front of a church made her believe she would be protected by a higher power...I'm just glad my brakes work as I'd be bloody pissed off if I hit her and had to live with that for the rest of my life.

No comments: